Outfitting employees to be safe from flash fire and ARC explosions starts from the base layer. Employees that wear just outer layers of flame retardant clothing do not maximize the protection that could save their lives, or cut down on burn exposure. Wearing inappropriate FR base layers can lead to devastating injuries in the case of ARC flash. Layering three levels of flame retardant clothing will protect employees on the job and give peace of mind while working. Consult your sales representative to ensure proper protection on the worksite. Using a knit 230 gram blend of Kermel, Viscose and Beltron Antistatic, the garment is warm and wicks moisture away from the body and through to the next layer. This is important because moisture buildup can add to risk during an ARC flash incident. The Beltron antistatic agent helps diffuse some of this risk. The blend of the material ensures a soft hand and elasticity for freedom of movement. The colour will not wash out over the life of the garment and the fabric will not pill. The garment will keep employees dry and comfortable throughout their work, keeping their efficiency level high. .The flame retardant and anti-static properties will keep employees Dry. Warm. Safe. At Work.
- 230g/m2 48.5% Kermel / 48.5% FR viscose / 3% Beltron interlock knit .
- Flatlock seams.
- Double self fabric cuffs.
- Antistatic, highly resistant to abrasion.
- Fire resistance protection is permanent and will not wash out.
- CAN-CGSB 155.20 Sections 6.1.1; 6.1.2; 6.1.3 and 6.3.
- ASTM F 1506 Fully compliant.
- CSA Z462 Fully compliant.
- NFPA 70-E Fully compliant.
- HRC 2. ARC RATING / ATPV 12.2 cal/cm2 as per ASTM F 1959.
- HAF 81.1%.